Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
Search Consultancy is working with their poultry processing research facility to fill a Team Leader position.
The hours of work are 2pm until 10pm, Monday to Friday.
You will be managing a team of up to 20 operators.
The main purpose of the role is to manage a team of staff, dealing with all aspects of poultry processing and operational issues on a day to day basis, to ensure agreed service standards are delivered to a high quality.
Key responsibilities of the Team Leader will include:
* Managing staff
* Dealing with operational issues on a daily basis.
* Ensuring performance targets are being adhered to.
* Reporting of maintenance issues in a timely manner.
* Collecting and handling accurate and repeatable data for all clients.
* Understanding scientific basis for data collection, e.g. ensuring consistency of data collection and the consequences of not following agreed procedures.
* Aiding in the production of safe wholesome poultry meat.
* Knowledge and experience of HACCP
* A working knowledge of various EU & domestic legislation to ensure that the plant, staff and practices are fully compliant. Including but not limited to:
- Health & Safety Legislation
- Food Hygiene Legislation
- Animal Welfare Legislation
- By-Products Legislation
- Wrapping & Packaging Legislation
* Assisting the plant through the process of attaining various accreditation schemes and maintaining these through frequent audits. For example, SALSA, etc.
* Setting, achieving and maintaining targets with regards to scientific data collection
If you have supervisory experience in a poultry processing or butchery environment, please get in touch with an up to date CV.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.