Motivate and empower young teens to develop essential adult skills with our National Citizen Service summer programme and get paid for your efforts!
We are actively recruiting for youth team leaders for a government led NCS programme in Chelmsford, CM1.
About the role:
As a youth team leader you will be supporting up to 15 participants and will be the first point of contact for all participants queries, i.e. providing supervision, motivation and inspiration to fulfil a complete NCS experience. Leaders should remain driven and solutions focused to keep participant engaged and enthusiastic. In addition, leaders will be required to deliver high-quality workshop activities in accordance with the NCS curriculum timetable. The programme withholds 3 phases. Phase 1 and 2 are residential based (requires outdoor camping) and phase 3 will be based in the local community phase. The programme is set up to last for 3 weeks for each wave.
* Ability to adapt activities or sessions to make them accessible for a range of needs.
* Understand and follow Safeguarding and Health & Safety policies.
* Work proactively & independently, within a larger staff team, in order to achieve the best results for the assigned young person.
* Build a positive rapport with young people in a demanding environment.
* Ability to manage and support challenging behaviour.
* Experience of working in a residential environment.
* Experience working with people with a wide range of support needs.
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
You would also need to have right attitude for the role as well as great team building and team leading skills to fully enjoy the NCS experience.
This would be an ideal role for university students/teachers/coaches/mentors or those who have participated in the Duke of Edinburgh award.
You must be able to pass an enhanced DBS check as well as provide 3 years worth of referencing.
Please note you must be available for an assessment centre on the 23rd of March from 10:00am to 16:00pm.
The ideal candidate to take part in the NCS summer programme will have some kind of experience in either of these areas:
* Customer Service
* Duke of Edinburgh
* Health Care
* Youth Services/Work
If this role is of interest, contact Sam Matondo on 0116 247 3310 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age