Our chosen business partner is working exclusive with us on this large volume recruitment project. Over the next 18 months the company is investing 25 Million in new process equipment across its multiple sites. They have a number of bluechip clients and supply into many of the large supermarkets. With their products being perishable range the factory is a 24/7 365 days of the year operation.
These roles whilst reporting to a production manager, would lead a team of up to 20 operatives taking full responsibility for two or three production lines. The successful applicant must have solid experience of using positive behaviours, taking accountability for business performance across the safety, people, quality, delivery, cost and environment and championing improvements. Shift pattern: Monday - Friday either 6pm-2pm or 2pm-10pm with the need for flexibility.
* Leading a team through being approachable, providing feedback and positive role-modelling, also providing support and clear communication.
* Ensure the team is fully trained in safe systems of work and maintaining accurate training records.
* Evaluate individual training needs through the skills gap analysis process and work with Human Resources to support team training and development.
* Ensure team are trained in and implement all relevant HACCP controls.
* Provide effective workforce planning and job rotation not only to meet production needs but to support the multi-skilling of the team.
* Observing and managing team activity, encouraging and recognising safe practise and behaviours, challenging where appropriate.
* Ensure safe line start-up and shut down including appropriate: safety checks, line audits and risk assessments.
* Ensure product follows traceability and segregation process at all times and ensure team understanding of integrity and traceability requirements.
* Investigating near misses and accidents, maintaining accurate accident reports.
* Ensuring job rotation, induction checks for new starters.
* Ensuring adherence to food safety and food hygiene standards in the team.
* Proactively encourage improvement ideas in the team and drive continuous improvement initiatives to deliver more efficient ways of working within the team.
* Daily review meetings of line performance, proactively managing line performance and ensuring that operational targets are met.
* Manage cost in line with production, through stock rotation, correct line setup and correct checks are in place for product quality, waste tracking and control, yield, output and downtime.
* Continually communicate opportunities to reduce waste with improvements to minimise energy usage, water usage, packaging waste, and product waste Essential Experience.
* Previous man management experience ideally within a food manufacturing setting.
* Able to demonstrate resilience and passion in your work.
* Demonstrable experience of supporting training and development within your teams
* An ability to drive culture change.
* Experience of effectively managing highly diverse teams.
* Good level of literacy and numeracy.
* Computer literacy Preferred Experience.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.