We have a great new opportunity for a Teaching Assistant looking to join an expanding team in Durham. The company we're working with is seeking a Teaching Assistant on a contract basis until at least mid December 2020. The successful teaching applicant will earn between £11.70 and £13 per hour.
In this Teaching Assistant role, you will be responsible for the personal development and continued learning of the pupils assigned to you. You will need to be a great communicator and motivator to guide the pupils toward their educational goals successfully. You will need to be empathic and experienced in noticing developmental issues and able to give individual attention when needed.
Primary Teaching Assistant role responsibilities:
* Developing training materials
* Presenting and delivering materials to pupils
* Assessing and grading pupils' work under the teacher's guidance
* Being the central point of care for all pupils under your supervision
To apply for this Learning Assistant role, you will require previous experience in teaching, along with experience working with children with special needs. The job will suit an empathic and passionate professional who is an excellent communicator.
The ideal Teaching Assistant candidate will also have the following expertise:
* Previous SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities) experience
* Be willing to support playground/break time supervision
* Be available to work between 8:30 am to 3:30 pm
* Be prepared to take part in training activities offered by the school to further knowledge and skills of working with a child with specific learning difficulties
In return for your time and skills, you will receive a competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
If this Durham-based Teaching Assistant job is something you are experienced and equipped for, please contact us today to find out more and to begin the application process. All interviews will be conducted online or on the phone.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age