Search Consultancy is currently working on behalf of an accountancy firm in Leicester who are looking for an experienced Tax Senior to join their Tax Department. We are looking for a motivated, pro-active and forward-thinking individual.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Advise clients on tax issues and tax planning opportunities covering corporate tax, personal tax and other related tax issues (such as IHT, CGT etc.)
- Assist with tax planning activities
- Compliance work for allocated clients
- Prepare, review and submit tax returns
- Review P&L Accounts of Partnerships and Self-Employed clients
- Assist junior staff members and advise internal colleagues on aspects of taxation
- Maintain direct contact with clients to build good client relationships and liaise with HMRC, legal and professional services organisation
Skills and Qualifications
- CTA/ACA or ACCA qualified
- experience in a general accounting environment where they have worked in a tax biased role; qualified by experience will be considered for the right candidate
- Strong technical tax skills are desirable.
- The ideal candidate will be a Tax Semi Senior looking for a new challenge within tax combined with undertaking their first Tax Seniors job or an existing Tax Senior looking for a new challenge within an employee-focused firm of accountants.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft windows, word & excel
- Knowledge of Iris tax would be desirable but not essential.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Skilled at dealing with people.
- Organised and deadline driven.
To find out more about this opportunity apply via the link and a Consultant will be in touch shortly.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.