Search Consultancy is currently recruiting a Tax Assistant for a leading Scottish legal firm based in Edinburgh.
Our client is one of the premier Scottish law firms, with a large and well established tax team who specialise in working with some of the top clients in the country. In this role, you will be responsible for the preparation and completion of personal, trust and estate tax returns, as well as maintaining strong relationships with your clients.
* Preparation and completion of personal, trust and estate tax returns
* Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with the firm's clients
* Complete Capital Gains and Income Tax calculations
* Liaise with HMRC on various matters and agree tax liabilities
* Respond promptly to client's queries and support them where necessary
* Ensure all returns are correct and submitted within deadlines
* Assist other members of the tax team as required
* A 1 - 3 years experience from within a professional services environment
* ATT qualified or the drive to complete the professional tax qualification
* knowledge of CGT, UK Income Tax and Personal Tax - preferred but not essential
* Experience of working with HNWI is highly desirable but not essential
* Excellent numerical skills and a high degree of accuracy
* The ability to work individually with minimal supervision
In return you will be provided with an industry leading salary and realistic progression opportunities. The tax team is one of the most respected in the country and you will learn from some of the leading experts in the field, ensuring your career develops to an extremely high standard.
Please apply below, or for further queries relating to the role or other opportunities, contact Jeff McCaskill at Search Consultancy (Glasgow)
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.