Our market leading client is looking for a Synthetic Chemist to work within an exciting Drug Discovery team.
Working together with the project leader, apply excellence in theoretical and practical synthetic chemistry, including the use of the most up to date methodology in synthetic organic chemistry, to make new compounds for biological testing.
- Contribute to the research team by synthesising key intermediates and small molecule drug candidates as well as developing new synthetic methods when required.
- Carry out purification and characterisation of compounds.
- Maintain clear and accurate records of experiments in laboratory notebooks in accordance with company policy.
- Maintain high synthetic chemistry productivity.
- Contribute to the medicinal chemistry strategy.
- Present work to clients orally and/or through written reports.
- Support the preparation of IP documents with chemistry examples.
- Ensure safe working practices in the laboratory for self and team.
Knowledge and Experience
- Demonstrable excellence in theoretical and practical synthetic chemistry including the use of the most up to date methodology in synthetic organic chemistry.
- Strong scientific track record.
- For experienced laboratory based medicinal chemistry, an excellent up to date knowledge of medicinal chemistry, including structure-based drug design and the influence of physiochemical properties, multiple parameter optimisation as well as DMPK in drug design.
We are looking for a person with excellent interpersonal skills and a passion for innovation and problem-solving.
- Excellent decision making and influencing skills.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and team-working skills with an ability to:
- Adapt quickly to new priorities.
- Decide and communicate clearly scientific strategy.
Advantageous Skills and Experience
- Track record of scientific publications.
- Experience of managing external collaborations.
- Ability to work across geographies and cultures.
Education and Experience
PhD/PostDoc in Synthetic or Medicinal Chemistry with 0-5 yrs of experience.
If this sounds like the ideal role for you please don't hesitate to apply and one of our team will be in touch to discuss further!
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.