We are currently recruiting for a Road Surfacing Supervisor to work for one of the UK's leading surfacing contractors. Reporting to the Surfacing Director you will be responsible for works within two hours of the head office location in South Yorkshire.
The successful applicant will have experience of working in highway maintenance and new road construction. This fantastic opportunity will allow the ambitious candidate to enhance their professional development within an expanding, forward looking company.
The Successful Candidate will:
* Plan, supervise and maintain daily works in line with requirements, budgets and timelines.
* Attend on site meetings with sub-contractors and clients.
* Agree and communicate with the client on quality, programme and H&S
* Work closely with the Surfacing Buyer to organise daily labour, plant and material requirements.
* Ensure regular Safety Meetings are held with operatives via Tool Box Talks
* Make sure H&S and Quality Assurance procedures are understood, followed and managed; including inductions, safety, inspections and permits.
* Carry out regular reviews of non-conformances and complaints through the QA system.
* Produce accurate and timely daily costings; including all diary and delivery/client issues and additional works.
The successful candidate must have:
* Previous experience in road surfacing works
* Proven experience with supervising all labour
* An ability to communicate with people at all levels
Salary and Benefits
* Company vehicle with fuel card or car allowance
* Paid overtime for weekends
* 32 days' holiday including statuary bank holidays
For more information please contact James Ranson on 0113 308 8075
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.