If you are a Support Worker in Durham, this could be just the job you're looking for. Search Nursing and Social Care are helping our client find support staff to join a team of Support Workers in the Durham area. The position is being offered on a contract basis and starts as soon as you're ready, lasting until the end of December 2020, subject to review.
This flexible working care worker role in Durham is being offered with a rate of £12 per hour. You'll be working 37 hours per week, and some early evenings and weekends might be required.
As a community services Support Worker, you will:
* Identify and monitor young people and vulnerable adults at risk of or subject to sexual exploitation, ensuring an effective multi-agency response to safeguard them is in place.
* Identify and monitor all missing and absent young people and ensure an appropriate support plan is in place to support their needs
* Share knowledge and support to provide an adequate response to those young people and vulnerable adults identified as being at risk
You'll need to be a natural listener and communicator. Families will engage with you daily and are looking to be treated with respect and dignity.
The ideal Support Worker will:
* Have a Level 3 qualification in child care or equivalent in a relevant subject area
* Have experience in other care jobs or social work, or as a clinical support worker or mental health support worker
* Be able to drive unless a disability prevents you from doing so
* Have an enhanced DBS on the update service, or be willing to have one processed for you
COVID-19 has put extra pressure on all nursing services primarily in the NHS so your help and support filling these currently open Support Worker vacancies is much appreciated. If you are interested in this Support Worker role in Durham, please apply online or contact Anca at the Manchester Branch.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age