The Search Social Care team is currently looking for a Support Worker to join an expanding clinical support worker and community services team in the Darlington area. This position is on a contract basis, starting as soon as possible. It will last for an initial three months, subject to review.
This Support Worker role comes with a salary of £11.50 per hour, with shifts based on 25 hours per week. As a member of the support staff, you will be part of the care coordinator team and will work with people primarily within their own homes.
If you'd have been working in this well-paid, Darlington-based Agency Support Worker role last week, you would have:
* Provided support and assistance to people in accordance with their support plans
* Undertaken initial and ongoing assessments of clients
* Been a critical worker for people with complex or multiple needs
* Devised, reviewed and updated support plans, recorded events and observations and kept appropriate records as required
You will also visit individuals who are experiencing a change in physical ability. This could be with individuals experiencing symptoms of old age or mental health needs. As a reablement support worker, you will be expected to use your initiative and act appropriately in emergencies, e.g. contacting GP, community health, emergency services, etc.
To apply, you will need to have evidence of Manual Handling, First Aid, Food Hygiene and Medication training.
The ideal Support Worker will:
* Have previous experience in care assistant and support worker jobs
* Be able to drive, with own transport and clean licence
* Have the training as mentioned earlier certificates
* Be willing and committed to working towards qualifications in Care (minimum NVQ 2)
If you are interested in this Support Worker job in Darlington, please apply online or contact Anca at the Manchester Branch.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age