Search Consultancy is delighted to be working with a progressive client seeking experienced Support Workers to work on an agency basis. The role involves providing the highest quality of care and support to clients based in Edinburgh and surrounding areas. The successful candidates will be required to support a variety of individuals, including adults with physical or learning disabilities, mental health issues, addiction issues or other emotional or social needs.
If you were working in this community services role in Edinburgh, here are some of the things you would have done as an Agency Support Worker:
- Carried out all aspects of personal care, assisting with feeding, bathing and dressing
- Carried out health checks
- Taught daily living skills like budgeting, shopping and claiming benefits
- Provided leisure and creative activities in a safe, supportive setting
As an expert with Care assistant or Support Worker experience, either in a temp or perm role, you will be diligent in following care plans and getting to know clients and their needs. You will be happy to take on flexible working in your care jobs, and will ideally have a driving licence.
Please apply if you have the following:
- At least six months' paid support and care experience
- Skills in communicating with tact and sensitivity
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and cope with challenging behaviour
Benefits of this Support Worker role:
You'll receive excellent free training along with a free uniform and PVG, excellent pay rates and holiday pay, and the opportunity to work for well-established clients in the industry.
It takes a particular person to be a Support Worker. It is physically and emotionally demanding, but the job satisfaction makes it worthwhile. Please get in touch today to discuss this opportunity further. Rest assured, any interviews will be online or via phone for your health and safety.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.