Role: Support Worker - Permanent (up to 30hrs)
Salary: £8.75 per hour
Search Healthcare is looking to recruit experienced Support Workers for a permanent part-time position working with an adult support service located within Alexandria.
It takes a very special and dedicated person to be a Support Worker. It is physically and emotionally demanding but with the job satisfaction that you will receive it will make the job worth it. If you have at least 3 months experience in a support work setting then Search want to hear from you!
The role will involve supporting adults with complex physical and/or learning difficulties. You need to be a good team player, communicator, listener, to be focused, dedicated and reliable.
Responsibilities include providing personal care, housework, helping with finances, medication management and helping with day-to-day tasks.
Successful candidates will have:
* At least 3 months experience in a support worker role
* Have a current PVG or be willing to join the scheme
* Have SSSC (Scottish Social Services Council) membership or be willing to join the scheme
* A can do, positive attitude
* Be kind, caring and strive to provide the highest level of care and support possible to vulnerable service users
* The ability to confidently work alone and as part of a wider team
* Be able to work using your own initiative
* Car driver - preferable but not essential
* Pension, Health Insurance and Death in Service benefit
* 20 days annual leave plus 12 public holidays each year, pro rata for part-time
* Childcare Vouchers
* Cycle to work Scheme
* Full and extensive training, with potential to have SVQ3 funded
* On-going support from well established management, through regular team meetings, supervision and annual personal development assessment.
Due to the nature of the role, experience in care is essential. You will need to hold N/SVQ2 or equivalent in Health and Social Care, with a medication administration certificate.
Please get in touch today to discuss this opportunity further! Take your career to the next level. (Agy)
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.