Care Leaving Provisions (18-25)
North West/ Wales
£32000 Per Annum
Monday to Friday
Search are looking for a person with experience and resilience to work as a Support Manager for a large Care Company in the North West and Wales Region.
* Provide effective leadership by implementing organisational strategies throughout your management team, in order to enable objectives to be met
* Develop a management style which balances the need to exercise control and give direction with the need to offer the Supported Living Managers the autonomy to manage our provisions.
* Promote the importance of and check the existence of each member of staff having a personal development plan
* Ensure that the Supported Living Manager's are completing supervisions on each member of staff
* Attend and/or facilitate senior staff and management meetings, facilitate communication and provide opportunities for consultation and staff development
* Respond appropriately and in a timely manner to any issues relating to conduct and competence of staff members reported by the staffing team with direction/support from HR.
* Promote personal development of the Supported Living Manager through the appropriate delegation of duties and responsibilities
* To maximise the effectiveness of Supported Living Managers and Staff through motivation, development and the application of policies.
* Ensure that all new staff receive a proper induction to the service in line with policies
* Reporting on and assisting Supported Living Manager's in resolving any issues with staff as well as identifying and meeting training needs within the staffing team
* Support the Supported Living Manager's to develop their roles and responsibilities through supervisions, observations and appraisals.
* Analyse information from a range of sources about staff performance and take responsibility for tackling difficult issues
* Take personal charge of key issues to ensure that quality support is provided
* Obtain and act on the feedback and experiences of young people, their carers and professional network
* Question the status quo
NVQ Level 5 In Leadership/Mananement/Children and Young People's Workforce
Driver with own vehicle
Experience in a Managerial role in Children's Services
Willing to work at Head Office in Nantwich and commuting to outreach services as and when required.
If you are willing to move into a senior role within on of the country's leading care providers, then please apply!
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.