Supplier Quality Engineer
Our chosen business partner is experiencing a steady period of growth. They are leading manufacturer of commercial energy products and are experiencing continued growth due to acquisitions. Although this company has outgrown its SME status it has always maintained its personalised family feel environment and values all team members.
An exciting vacancy has arisen within the Engineering Department in Preston for a Supplier Quality Engineer to join the team. Reporting directly to the Supplier Quality Manager, the main purpose of this role is to ensure our supplier's products and processes meet the company's quality and technical specifications. You will go on regular visits to the suppliers to audit, support, train and actively promote continuous improvement activities to ensure product quality is advancing.
* Develop supplier relationships, (organised by commodity type) to meaningfully interact face to face with suppliers for prompt 8D closure, resolution of problems, timely PPAP responses and foster teamwork.
* Manage the audits and visit schedules. As a UK Supplier Quality Engineer, you will be out visiting suppliers 60% of the time, and promptly writing up audit/visit reports within three working days.
* Ensure that compliance of the purchased products is assured through PPAP/FAI processes.
* Compliance to Supplier Improvement Plan schedule at suppliers, adjusting frequency to suit business needs i.e. 8D/audit/vendor rating, etc.
* Be a key support to the UK Supplier Quality Manager in driving through supplier problem resolution and act as deputy when requested.
* A minimum of five years' experience as a Supplier Quality Engineer.
* Good understanding of Management Systems such as ISO9001.
* A detailed understanding and knowledge of Quality tools and techniques, such as: SPC, FMEA, trials, audits, PPAR, ISIR, problem solving tools, control plans, and 5s.
* Excellent ability to manage and lead improvement plans with suppliers to conclusion.
* Analytical and diagnostic skills - to support problem solving and continuous improvement activities.
* Knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean methodologies.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.