I have a job for a Student accommodation manager. The student accommodation manager will be responsible for all operational aspects of the site.
The Student Accommodation Manager will manage the scheme; maximising income through effective budgetary management as well as maintaining year-round occupancy levels. You will coordinate all functions essential to delivering exceptional service to student residents. This will include repairs, cleaning and security through a mix of directly-employed staff and external contractors.
The varied role involves:
- Full operational and commercial responsibility for the residence
- Act and resolve tenant queries and maintenance issues
- Ensuring the site is a safe environment in which to live and work
- Collection of rents and controlling the budgetary targets for the site
- Marketing and promotion of the accommodation
- Undertaking regular inspections of flats
- Undertaking routine daily/weekly safety inspections
- Establishing and develop working relationships with suppliers and contractors
- Being part of the out of hours rota for emergencies
- Supporting the management of the residence in compliance with ANUK National Code of Standards
- Working with University accommodation team delivering a quality service
- Active liaison with Universities including attending regular meetings with relevant bodies
- A good working understanding of tenancy management and housing legislation
- A good grasp of sales and marketing with proven track record of results
- Experience of managing a budget of £1m or more
- Good numeracy and literacy skills in order to write reports, and present performance indicators
- Strong IT skills (Microsoft office)
- Able to communicate effectively with people at all levels
- Good problem solving skills/ability to use own initiative
- Student accommodation or leisure experience (transferable skills)
- Experience of offering pastoral care and spotting the issues that affect students
- Knowledge of the issues surrounding students
- Ability to handle sensitive issues
- Influencing skills and a professional outlook on challenging issues
- Strong customer service skills
- Willingness to get involved in social functions i.e. Halloween, Christmas and Student Open Days etc.
- A desire to learn and to continually develop
- Willing to attend relevant training days/sessions
- Eager to seek feedback and review ways to do things better
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.