Strategic Business Manager - Perm role
Based South Manchester
£50k - Ideal for someone with recent experience working with Social Media, Project Management and IT to a high level
This is a new leadership role in a small, highly specialised advisory company. The right person will be expected to coordinate change across the organisation as the company moves to the next stage of its development. They will be a generalist but able to quickly learn to speak the languages of research and development, and medico-legal work. They will join the senior leadership team and report to the Director.They will have recent experience working with Social Media, Project Management and IT to a high level.
The business deals with a range of clients, stakeholders and organisations both nationally and internationally. The company is currently going through a change process into a more comprehensive offering combining four divisions . It is developing, expanding and strengthening, altering its processes to allow more remote, integrated and efficient working. They are IT focused with a culture that values teamwork and excellence, enabling all staff to develop themselves and give of their best, and above all to improve health care.
The organisations you would work alongside include Government bodies, the NHS, legal firms, research organisations, universities, charities, lobby groups, industry and politicians.
Aims of the role
1. To develop and lead on a business development strategy, aiming to grow the business while at the same time rationalising the Directors' time
2. Integrate the four divisions within the business to consolidate the comprehensive company with new financial and performance targets/performance
3. Identify and implement change initiatives that will create business wide efficiencies, improving both internal and external communication and processes
4. To develop a strategy to ensure the high performing culture of the business is consist across all business divisions with emphasis on innovation and quality
* Develop a project plan with targeted goals and action plans across the integrated business
* Develop key performance indicators for the integrated business
* Development of the charity, Action Radiotherapy to the next level in terms of funding, profile, governance and structure
* Develop a new communication strategy
* Identify inefficiencies in business processes and create a plan for improvements
* Project management and monitoring action plans across the business
* Change management - implement new business processes to create efficiencies and ongoing engagement of the team to ensure success
* Work with the senior leadership team a consistent approach across the business units
* Work closely with the Director to lead the organisation into the future, adapting to the changing requirements
The successful applicant will
* have a track record in strategic business development, preferably in a small knowledge-based business
* have experience in business process re-engineering and project management systems
* be a skilled communicator and 'people person' who is able to influence others and get things done
* be able to work collaboratively with the whole team as well as external stakeholders.
* have experience of managing and implementing change
* vision to develop the business as well a keen attention to detail
* be an effective problem solver with a flexible approach
* have a positive outlook to create a good working environment for all staff
* have a degree, excellent IT and financial analysis skills
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.