This is a Duel role Stock controller and Merchandiser based in Oldham for a production company .
Hours are : 40 hour week (8am-5pm), Monday - Friday with 23 days holiday per year
Salary approx. £28K
- Liaise with Management and Operational staff to ensure accuracy of received and dispatched loads and amend and rework accordingly.
- Manage goods receipt and quarantine process.
- Fully investigate and report accurately all short shipments.
- Completion of reports required on a daily, weekly, monthly basis.
- Resolve stock issues to reduce and prevent stock loss by ensuring stock management is carried out in line with company policy / procedure.
- To ensure stock records are correct and match the physical holding on site.
- Respond quickly to problems and discrepancies identified.
- Coordinate and manage daily physical cycle counts.
Prepare and implement quarterly / annual stock checks
Merchandiser / Assistant Buyer
- Analysing customer buying patterns, working with Sales Team to ensure accurate forecasts
- Monitoring stock levels and continuously forward planning.
- Regularly reviewing stock, sales and orders and react with necessary urgency to ensure stock availability;
- Maintaining relationships with suppliers.
- Raising PO's and monitoring all orders from initial placement through to delivery, maintaining delivery schedules and key deadlines throughout;
- Liaising with other departments within the organization to ensure projects are completed;
- Working alongside QC department to ensure products / suppliers yet BRC standards.
- Working closely with all UK processing facilities to ensure accurate and timely order placement.
- Manage the ordering of all packaging and consumables
- Develop awareness of the profit implication of stock holding costs, including redundant and damaged stock
- Good interpersonal skills - able to build and manage relationships with colleagues and suppliers, communication is key at all times
- Strong Excel skills or equivalent in terms of calculating margins / percentages etc.
- Strong time management skills and able to prioritise as this is a never-ending job and there will always be more to be done!
- High attention to details to with the flexibility to adapt / react in a fast paced environment.
- Self-starter, motivated and willing to learn.
- Able to take instruction, but think and work well independently, as well as within a team, managing own time keeping to resolve issues in a robust fashion.
- The ability to carry out administrative tasks, basic mathematics and understand business operations.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.