Search Consultancy Ltd is currently looking for a number of Statutory Assessments Officers for temporary contracts up to 6 months. The roles are 35 hours per week based at Universal Square in Manchester.
Salary: between £15 and £18 an hour
* Exchange varied information with a range of audiences, including the public, where complex interpretation could be required.
* To lead in the Education, Health and Care assessment process, with responsibility for preparing and presenting information about individual pupils, and participation in decision making, about the provision required to meet the special educational needs and disabilities of pupils whose needs have been assessed.
* To be responsible for the production of high quality and person centred Education, Health and Care Plans that are produced and reviewed in accordance with the Section 19 principles of the children and Families Act 2014, within statutory timescales and in accordance with the SEND Regulations 2014 and the SEND Code of Practice: 0-25.
* To ensure children, young people and their parents or carers are central to the assessment process and communicate with them regularly.
* To promote a person centred approach with all parties involved in the EHCP process and the co-production of an EHCP.
* To work in partnership with schools, support staff, parents/carers, health and social care and gather quality information in line with need and ensure the provision and placement is able to meet need and resolve issues relating to placement and provision.
* To monitor the progress of children and young people against the outcomes of their EHC Plan.
* Attend annual review meetings and offer appropriate challenge regarding progress towards the outcomes of the Education, Health and Care Plan, making amendments where required to the Education Health and Care Plan.
* To prepare cases for, represent and make decisions on behalf of the council at mediation relating to, refusal to undertake an Education, Health and Care plans needs assessment , issue an Education, Health and Care Plan , Part I of the Plan or the provision named within plan.
Why Search Consultancy Ltd?
Since our first office opened thirty years ago, we've built an enviable reputation for providing high quality recruitment service. The Health and Social Care division at Search Consultancy Ltd is one of the largest providers of temporary healthcare workers. Your dedicated consultant will provide advice and work with you to find the perfect job.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online or contact Mike Shaw at the Manchester office.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age