Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
Start Well Deputy Practice Manager
£19.98 per hour
We are seeking a Start Well Deputy Practice Manager for our Client in Wigan. This a great team to work for as they ensure that they provide you with the support you need to do your job and give you the opportunity to learn and develop further within the organisation.
This is a 12 week placement within a start well team to replace the current deputy team manager who is undertaking a placement within social care to complete a degree in social care.
You must be able to demonstrate an in depth experience of working with children and young people and Managing staff.
Working hours offer flexible working 37 hours over 5 days.
Description of the role:
* We are looking for someone who is experienced at managing staff either in an early intervention and prevention level cases or level 3 on the safeguarding threshold or experienced at managing Child in need cases.
* The person recruited will primarily support the staff with day to day support and complete supervisions with staff to ensure that case work is kept up to date and in line with practice standards.
* The role can be adapted and developed depending on the experience of the agency worker to support the team manager to deliver the team tasks and support.
* The team managers are predominantly working from home currently and undertaking supervision through Teams but this may change over the period of the placement depending on how the Covid restrictions ease.
* There may be a need to support workers on a visit where a need has been identified.
Responsibilities of the role:
* Assist the Start Well Practice Manager in ensuring the delivery of a high quality and effective service to children and families.
* Support the management of the team's workload, assume responsibility for complex work and deputise for the Start Well Practice Manager.
* Manage the team to develop action plans alongside families. Coach, challenge and support them to build resilience within families and communities.
* Adopt an asset-based approach and engage in 'new conversations' in order to build positive relationships with children and families.
* Support the implementation of legislation and government guidance in relation to statutory and local performance indicators.
* Promote high standards in the use of the Early Help Framework, incorporating the signs of safety practice model within evidence based assessments and interventions in accordance with a 'whole family' asset based approach that captures the voice of the child and young person.
* Use the My Time / My Time Extra process to supervise and support locality staff in the preparation of assessments & effective case management meeting quality assurance standards.
* Assist the Start Well Practice Manager with financial decisions for the Locality budget; ensuring services provided by the team remain within the budget.
To be considered for this role you must be:
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Enhanced DBS
Please email your CV to: email@example.com
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age