Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
Start Well Children and Family Support Worker
£12.71 per hour
We are looking for a Child and Family Support Worker to join a Start Well Locality Team for our Client in Wigan. Currently,remote working with elements of working from home and in the community.
You will be working with children and families at level 3 of the threshold of need. You will support children and families using the Early Help framework, completing assessment, plans, reviews and direct work. This opportunity is for 12 weeks.
You must be able to demonstrate an in depth experience of working with children, young people and families. Working hours offer flexible working 37 hours over 5 days.
Responsibilities of the role:
* You will be the designated and accountable lead worker for children, young people and their families with complex needs.
* You will act as their champion and advocate improving aspirations and outcomes by building on their strengths in order to reduce dependency on public services.
* You will work with children, young people and their families to look at what they have rather than what they don't and to make use of their own skills, knowledge and relationships.
* You will engage in new conversations in order to build positive relationships with children and families.
* You'll develop action plans alongside families and coach, challenge and support them to achieve their goals by building resilience within themselves and their communities.
* It is your responsibility to ensure that the work you undertake is compliant with the General Data Protection Regulations.
* Use the early help framework to provide support according to family's needs and help them achieve their goals by identifying strengths building on individual, family and community capacity whilst making sure the family, children and young people are fully engaged in the process
* Ensure the exchange of relevant information between partners, for example community services, schools, educational institutions , GP clusters and 'huddles' to identify children, young people and families who have support needs
* Support young people who are not accessing education or employment (NEET) as part of a holistic plan at level 2/3 of the threshold of need.
* Support and empower partners to deliver Early Help at level 1, ensuring that children and families are supported before needs escalate
* Participate fully in both the supervision and employee development process, keeping their line manager informed as to the progress that children, young people and their families are making
* Ensure you operate within GDPR guidelines by regularly reviewing data held and destroying information in line with retention schedules
To be considered for this role you must be:
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Qualified in one of the caring professions, have a relevant Level 3 qualification or evidence of the equivalent QCF Credit Value with equivalent experience of working with children and families with complex needs
* Enhanced DBS
Please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age