Days 37.5 hours a week
£23,500 - £26,404 plus allowances
We have an exciting opportunity in our new renal unit which opened June 2018. Thamesmead is situated in Greenwich, South East London near the River Thames.
We are looking for a NMC registered nurse who wants to make a difference in our patient's lives. You will provide patient care according to procedures and in order to increase the quality of life for our patients. A comprehensive professional training programme will be provided to you, including on-the-job training, e-learning and access to our in-house education programme .
* Take ownership of care programmes for renal patients including the initiation and termination of dialysis, whilst providing stable clinical care, emotional support and independence for patients
* Follow the tailored care plans to administer medications, fluid therapy or other appropriate treatments as per Consultant instructions and ensuring clinical activity is appropriately documented in the patient medical record
* Review pre and post haemodialysis care with patient
* Discuss health concerns with patient; review patient concerns with the multi-disciplinary team as necessary
* Provide on going patient education
* Prepare and monitor dialysis machines and systems in line with processes
* Monitor dialysis water treatment system for use according to the established procedures
* Act as a named staff nurse for a group of assigned patients ensuring 'great care' is provided at all times
* Proactively participate in quality and service improvement programmes
* NMC Registered Nurse
* Awareness and Understanding of NMC code of professional conduct
* Be able to work autonomously and within a multi-disciplinary team
* At least one year's experience in general nursing (Haemodialysis would be an advantage but not essential) - full training is provided.
* Applications from newly qualified Nurses are welcomed
* Have a positive and dynamic approach to providing safe and effective delivery of care
* Excellent communication skills with fluency in English
COME GROW WITH US!
* Full Time - 37.5 hours per week
* Monday to Saturday, Shifts hours from 06.00 to 11pm (No Nights* or Sunday working)
* Pay listed above includes a competitive salary and unsocial Payments and Location Allowance*
* 27 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays) increasing with service
* Life Assurance, Discounted Fitness Membership, Auto -Enrolment Pension
* Post subject to References, Identification, DBS and OH checks
* Relocation allowance *
If you are interested, then please apply!
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.