Search is looking for an RGN to join one of our fantastic clients Learning Disability service in Swadlincote. The service is situated in a small village surrounded by lots of countryside which can accommodate up to 35 service users with physical disabilities and sensory impairment.
You will be responsible and accountable for providing the highest standards of nursing, clinical and personal support, while promoting independence and choice to our customers. You will directly lead and supervise a team of support staff to ensure the smooth and efficient management of the shift, assessing, prioritising, planning, delegating and monitoring work activities of the support team.
To be successful you will need:
- To be a registered nurse, holding current registration with NMC
- Thorough and up-to-date knowledge of nursing theory and best practice at the level of a qualified nurse (level 5), being able to demonstrate effective nursing practice in all basic registered nurse procedures
- Experience of providing direct personal and social support (experience of working with people who have physical and/or learning disabilities would be advantageous)
- To be able to work flexibly within roatered hours and participate in the on-call rota as required
- To demonstrate a commitment to Leonard Cheshire's ethos and values
- Due to the location of the role you will need to have a driving license and access to own transport
Benefits of working for us:
- Contributory company pension scheme with competitive life cover benefit
- Substantial and flexible annual leave, with the option to buy or sell, depending on needs (salary sacrifice)
- Access to cash health plan at very favourable rates
- Access to cycle-to-work benefits (salary sacrifice)
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme
- All breaks are paid for
- Double pay on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day
If you are interested and would like to know more please apply!
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.