Search Consultancy is currently looking to recruit a SQL DBA for a manufacturing business in Yorkshire.
The SQL DBA will be responsible for managing; maintaining and risk mitigation for the entire SQL Server estate and associated systems/services.
Whist the core element of the role is to ensure uptime and continuity of the SQL Server Estate, there is equal emphasis on continuous improvement projects.
The SQL DBA will have solid skills and experience in the following areas.
* Uses a methodical and logical approach to problem diagnosis and resolution.
* Extensive knowledge of database administration with Microsoft SQL 2000 to present
* Able to implement SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services) package to meet business requirements, of any complexity
* Can write/maintain SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Servers) that are optimised and fit for purpose
* Ability and proactive willingness to travel to other sites where practicable
* Possesses excellent analytical and investigatory skills
* Ability to speak with both technical and non-technical colleagues, customers and suppliers at all levels.
* Is a confident and self-motivated team player with the ability to work to deadlines.
* Can contribute to policy making that affects the SQL Server Estate
* Can proactively oversee monitoring/altering solutions and processes relating the SQL Server
* Able to play key roles within sizable business critical projects
The SQL DBA will be responsible for the following areas within the organisation.
* Responsible for all aspects of the Service Transition element of the ITIL Lifecycle; Transition Planning & Support, Evaluation, Service Validation & Testing, Knowledge Management, Change Management, Release & Deployment Management and Service Asset & Configuration Management.
* Responsible for delivery of major change initiatives by employing Lean, best practice change methodologies, risk & issue management and resource planning for IT
* Develop and maintain portfolio plans for all IT Change, including: prioritisation, resource, risk and issues
* Introduce and embed consistent software development practices across the IT organisation
* Work closely with other business functions to ensure business requirements analysis is properly delivered through functional changes within development i.e. delivering functionality back to a business requirement
This is an exciting role for the SQL DBA to be in control of the SQL estate , running with both BAU and project based work the business has planned, within a supportive and collaborative I.T team.