Sous Chef/Assistant Cook - Term Time Only - Thornton Heath area - Monday to Friday - Circa £17,500pa
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a talented Sous Chef position offering a real work life balance with day time hours across 35 hours per week. This is great position for a Sous Chef to develop themselves and progress into more senior roles within the business and would be able to step into a Cook Manager role.
Our next sous chef will need to be confident in cooking for volumes up to 400 a day, as well as managing the site at least one day a week to cover the Cook Manager whilst they are off site training staff.
The contract catering company itself boasts an exceptional track record in regards to progression within the organisation, with clear examples of Sous Chefs and Head Chefs coming into this business and developing themselves personally from the numerous in house training schemes.
Experience required from a Sous Chef:
* Worked in a similar environment at this level
* Shown some management experience within a team of 5 or more staff
* The ability to train and inspire
* Excellent organisation skills
* Great attention to detail ensuring that all meals are produced daily to the highest standards
* Overseeing the effective completion of all health and safety regulations including HACCP, COSHH and all other due diligence
* Passionate about using fresh ingredients and knowledge on seasonal produce
Our client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore an enhanced DBS disclosure must be obtained for this role.
If this sounds like the position for you then apply below! For more information contact Adam Payne at Search Hospitality.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.