Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
Search Consultancy is working with an authority in Portsmouth to recruit a Qualified Social Worker into a Cared for Children Team on a temporary basis. The successful candidate will be working within a stable and supportive team and will be paid a very competitive rate of pay
Responsibilities of the role include:
* To Improve outcomes for children in care and children leaving care
* Attending court and completing court report
* Attending Looked after Children reviews
* Undertake the administration and management of a caseload of Children in Care and Children Leaving Care
* Develop and implement Care Plans for Children in Care and Pathway Plans for children who are leaving care
* Develop, co-ordinate, implement and monitor in partnership with other agencies appropriate plans that address all aspects of a child's life
* Statutory visits and duties
* Working with Plans of Adoption and attending Adoption Panels
* Experience with Child Protection proceedings and understanding of relevant legislation
Team working with looked After children and Care Leavers so need experience of working within children's services, direct work with children and young people experience needed, preferable experience of working with care leavers and looked after children, role will be working in the office, direct visiting to children and young people and some working from home. There is travel to placements for seeing young people so being able to drive and have own car needed.
This role is subject to HCPC, DBS and reference checks.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age