Search Consultancy is working with an authority in Greater Manchester to recruit a Qualified Social Worker into a Locality Team on a temporary basis. The successful candidate will be working within MASSH and front door services that have received praise and recognition by OFSTED during a recent focus visit in February 2019
This is an experienced practitioner role. With specific responsibilities for dealing with more complex cases, including assessment and appropriate management of risks and providing casework supervisions to other team members. Work with service users and other stakeholders to assist service planning.
* Responsible for a caseload of more complex cases, providing advice to other social workers in relation to their cases.
* Provides casework supervision to other social workers in the team and may also supervise students, trainees, less experienced professional team members, support staff and volunteers.
* Participate in the planning / reviewing of cases.
* Develop and maintain effective relationships with service users, their families and carers.
* Provide advice and support and promote independence and early intervention, as necessary.
* Liaise with colleagues in own or other departments or external agencies to gather relevant information for assessment and care planning activities.
* Maintain and update case notes and other records to required ethical and quality standards.
* Write high quality reports as required and also where required give evidence in court in relation to care proceedings.
* Work effectively on complex situations, use their initiative and evaluate their own and others practice.
* Be familiar with local resource networks and undertake capacity building with individuals, families, communities, user groups and voluntary organisations.
* Recognised by peers as a source of reliable knowledge and advise others.
Qualifications and Requirements:
* Professional qualification in Social Work plus considerable experience in a relevant field.
* Knowledge of theory and practice of care assessment, planning and detailed knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation and its application.
* Supervisory skills, as may supervise students, trainees, support staff and volunteers.
* Analytical, planning and communication skills.
This role is subject to HCPC, DBS and reference checks.
Why Search Consultancy Ltd?
Since our first office opened thirty years ago, we've built an enviable reputation for providing a high quality recruitment service. The Health and Social Care division at Search Consultancy Ltd is one of the largest providers of temporary healthcare workers. Your dedicated consultant will provide advice and work with you to find the perfect job.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online or contact Mike Shaw at the Manchester office.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age