Small Works Estimator required in Southport.
The successful Estimator will be required to price and tender for mainly small works up to a sum of £5000 on health, education, leisure, government, commercial and industrial projects.
The function of this role is to support the pre-construction team for preparing quotes to secure small works, both small refurbishment projects and repair works.
- Being involved in the technical planning and tendering process through to delivery on site
- Producing detailed quotes & take-offs
- Estimating costs, cost planning and creating cost reports throughout the delivery of projects
- Preparing applications for payment, reconciliation of valuations and costs
- Carrying out of site measurements of works in progress, including negotiations and agreements with clients for valuation of re-measured works
- Identifying and managing risk as well as situations that can create exposure to risk and notifying teams accordingly
- Liaison with Contracts Manager
- Financial control of variations to contracts
Your experience includes:
- Minimum of 10 years' experience as an Estimator with either main contractor or sub-contractor
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills
- Proficiency using Excel-based spreadsheets for estimating
Your skills include:
- Motivated self-starter
- Always working to the highest standard
- High level of understanding of risk management
- Cost management
Due to the nature of the works the successful candidate will require a DBS/Disclosure Check.
Our client is a cash rich, medium sized construction contractor with an annual turnover of approx. £4m.
If you are now looking to make a move into a role that will see you challenged on a daily basis then look no further.
This role will also offer clear routes for progression.
To apply contact;
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.