Site Supervisor (Waste Management).
£11.90 Per Hour.
Monday to Friday (07:30am - 16:30pm) / 48 Hours Per Week.
Actual hours may vary according to seasonal and customer demands.
Are you currently a Site Supervisor, or a well experienced Site Operative then this role could be for you.
I have a brilliant new role working as a Site Supervisor for one of Manchester's leading Waste Management organisations.
This particular role will be spread across two sites including the Salford site, but more predominantly the Altrincham site.
Working as part of a dedicated team within the company you will have the chance to start join a forward-thinking, staff-friendly environment. You will be directly supervising all waste generated on site.
Reporting to the Technical/Compliance Manager, below are some of the expected duties:
- The supervision of all waste generated on site.
- Baling recyclable waste streams such as cardboard, plastics.
- Reduction of general waste arising within the bales.
- Control and safe storage of any hazardous waste items.
- Segregation of both low and high value recyclable waste streams such as metals, wood etc.
- Daily checks on waste handling equipment.
- Discuss all maintenance and service issues for waste handling equipment with suppliers.
- Prepare waste containers for movement around site.
- The booking of all loads in and out using the designated system.
- Ensure all health & safety and site security rules are adhered to. Including PPE, safe systems of work, in-house FLT and baling/compacting equipment.
- Make sure all waste handling equipment is secure during and after use, and more importantly that all equipment is locked down after use.
- You will be a key-holder for all of the waste equipment on site.
- The use of Fork Lift Truck, Vertical Balers and a Static Waste Compactor (with Bin Lifting Device). Experience preferred, full training provided.
- Valid FLT (Fork Lift Truck) license, with experience - Approved code of practice; L117.
- Full UK driving license.
- Computer literate. Particularly within Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Administration skills.
- Good level of numeracy and literacy.
- Good standard of English language, both written and spoken.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Educated to a generally good standard.
- Aware of all aspects of health & safety, ensuring the high standards are continuously met.
- A positive, polite approach to customers ensuring a long-lasting customer relationship.
If you are a reliable, professional and hardworking individual looking to broaden your horizons within a great company to work what are you waiting for?
This is a brilliant chance for somebody with a genuine willingness to learn new skills in an ever-expanding company. If you feel that you meet all of the above criteria press on the below link and apply now!
Search consultancy are an employment business recruiting on behalf of their respective clients.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.