Search are working with a renowned regional Main Contractor with four decades of experience in delivery of new build projects across the North of Scotland. Delivering a wide range of projects an opportunity exists for a Site Manager to join the companies construction division delivering new build projects from £2m - £20m in value within commercial, education and industrial.
The Site Manager forms a key part of the team and will have responsibility for on site delivery of projects from site set up through to handover. Reporting to a Contracts Manager the successful day to day running of the project will depend on the site manager.
Core duties and responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
* Coordination and control of the project having input at design stage through to completion and handover
* Carry out inductions, review RAMS and give toolbox talks
* Requisition of all materials and coordination of materials, plant and labour on site to suite programme
* Liaise with Project Manager / Contracts Manager to assess labour requirements
* Maintain performance against programme through effective management of emerging issues, taking a solutions based approach
* Undertake relevant training and development activities where required
* Create and maintain good relations with design teams, clients, sub contractors and generally all internal and external stakeholders
* Manage Health and Safety on site through inspections, oversight and instillation of a safety ethos
* Ensure quality through effective management of trades and sub contractors
* Control and monitor waste in accordance with company site waste management plan
The successful candidate will be joining a stable business inexorably bound to the local area, benefiting from continuation of work as well as clear professional and personal development opportunities. To be considered you will need to demonstrate the following:
* Experience in delivery of multi million pound new build projects
* A stable work history
* Sound knowledge of construction technology, HSE regs and CDM
* A track record of end to end delivery of projects
* SMSTS, CSCS and First Aid Certs
Salary package is generous DOE and will include Company Car allowance/ Company Car, Pension, Private Medical, Bonus and additional suite of flexible benefits available to staff.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.