Search have an exciting opportunity to join one of the UK's largest house builders. Working within the East Division there is an excellent opportunity for a site manager to join on a permenant basis.
Reporting to the Construction Manager, responsible for managing all aspects of a new build development site, ensuring the provision of safe, efficient and cost effective works at all times, while maintaining the highest quality of work and customer service are delivered within the given timescales.
Principle accountabilities of the role include:
- Manage the day to day running of the development and provide clear direction to those working on the construction site regarding their responsibilities and targets.
- Manage and implement health and safety procedures, working closely with Bellway Health and Safety Managers and ensure that that all aspects of health and safety are followed and adhered too.
- Motivate, support and manage directly employed site staff, providing toolbox talks, training, coaching, and support as required to improve performance.
- Ensure site presentation is maintained at the correct standard at all times.
- Deliver all aspects of production requirements in strict accordance with relevant technical and planning documentation provided and any subsequent instructions that may be necessary from time to time.
- Fully conform to building regulations and warranty provider's requirements (NHBC, LABC Services).
- Ensure accurate production/progress returns are updated and sent to the Construction Manager and/or Construction Director as requested
Experience, Qualifications and Skills
- Experience of working as an Assistant Site Manager or Site Manager with a high volume residential house builder.
- Experience of effectively managing teams
- Up to date knowledge of health and safety and building legislation.
- Experience of working to NHBC standards
Qualifications and Training
- Valid CSCS card at Site Manager level (or equivalent).
- Valid SMSTS certificate
- Valid First Aid certificate
- Construction Management - HNC Level 4, HND Level 5 or NVQ Level 6 is desirable
- Valid Scaffold Appreciation certificate is desirable
- Valid LOLER certificate is desirable
The successful applicant will benefit from the opportunity to join a market leader where career and professional development is offered, remuneration is competitive and will include
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Annual bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Company car or generous car allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.