Sussex / Kent / Surrey
£40k - £55k
We are working with one of the UK's leading construction companies to recruit a Site Manager. This company has a national presence, working through a regional office network to deliver a broad range of prestigious projects across sectors including Retail, Health, Office and Education. This role as Site Manager is based from their central Sussex office and will be working on projects up to £4M in value.
The main duty of the job is to manage and oversee the site, ensure the project is run efficiently, within budget and that all H&S procedures are adhered to. In this role you will have previous Site Management experience, a proven track record in managing a successful project and have strong communication skills in order to maximise efficiency and minimise costs.
* Reporting accidents and making sure the relevant paperwork is submitted
* Look at the need for Risk Assessments / Safe Systems of work to minimise accidents on site
* Present and make changes to current working practices and procedures
* Control and manage the use of all resources including sub-contractors to stay within the set budget
* Build up an overview of the project to enable an accurate progress report and to set up clear forecasting
* Support procurement functions in the choice of sub-contractors and suppliers
* Review sub-contractors and suppliers and make changes where necessary
* To Make sure that site records are maintained for example daily reports, daily diary, weekly labour, plant, materials and goods returned, progress photographs and site inductions
Our client offers an excellent salary, benefits and career progression.
Please apply now or contact me for further information on this job.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.