We are fortunate to have developed relationships with a wide variety of contractors within the civil engineering sphere. One of our key clients is a national civil engineering contractor that works across multiple disciplines from offices throughout the UK. This particular vacancy is for a Site Engineer to be based in either Staffordshire or Shropshire.
The main purpose of the role will be to undertake Site Engineering control and implementation of works on site, including monitoring and reporting of progress. Site engineering is a key part of the delivery of projects. The increasing role of BIM in projects and its use as part of engineering is a key aspect of this role. The Site Engineer should therefore be technically capable but adaptable to the future changes with BIM, surveying technologies and digital construction.
As a Site Engineer your main tasks will be:
* Production of Task Briefing Sheets;
* Contribution to production of Permit to Dig, including briefing to the workforce;
* Setting out from primary control provided by others;
* The provision of sketches detailing the setting out information installed;
* Production of accurate daily diary of resources, including labour, plant, materials, subcontractors and outputs;
* Produces weekly measure;
* Take offs and schedules materials accurately, producing accurate and clear requisitions, following through to delivery
To be considered for the role you will need to provide a CV that shows your capabilities in the following areas:
* Able to clearly communicate the requirements of a safe system of work to ensure that these are followed accurately;
* Capable of taking ownership of tasks and communicating outcomes;
* Strong work ethic with flexibility to work unsociable hours/nights;
* Able to work on own initiative and seek out opportunities in line with level of responsibility;
* Holds a current driving license and CSCS Card
* Must be a good team player, with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
There are a number of roles available at either Site Engineer, Section Engineer, or Senior Engineer so whatever level you're looking for we can probably accommodate your request.
For further details please contact James Ranson
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.