Our client is a quality driven civil engineering contractor with decades of experience in the delivery of high value and technically challenging projects within Roads and Infrastructure. As part of a major Highway project in Aberdeenshire we are seeking an individual to join the business in a Site Agent role.
The Site Agent will be responsible for the management day to day site operations in order to
Ensure delivery against quality, health and safety and commercial targets.
We require an experienced civil engineering professional who can demonstrate a track record of delivery within large projects, ideally roads / highways build. You will be a good communicator able to coordinate and manage a large volume of sub contractor labour and a strong coordinator adept at overseeing the movement of plant and materials to, from and around site.
* Assist the Project manager in assuring the success of the project commercially and operationally.
* Ensure work is delivered in a safe manner
* Ensure adherence to environmental policy , managing any issues that arise
* Minimise defects through adequate quality checking
* Ensure production and implementation of Project Plans, RAMS and waste
* management plans, in line with Company procedures
* Assist the P.M in the Production and management of the project programme
* Produce procurement schedules and liaise with the procurement department to ensure site has adequate resources at key times.
* Carry out tool box talks and maintain site diary
To be considered you will be:
* Qualified in Civil Engineering (HND / Degree/ SVQ)
* Able to Demonstrate project delivery within high value civil engineering projects
* Able to demonstrate sound knowledge of highways, structures and major earthwork packages
* In possession of current SMSTS, CSCS and First Aid Certificates
* Within commutable distance of Aberdeen
This role is a permanent position within a well known and respected civil engineering main contractor, the successful candidate will benefit from generous remuneration as well as opportunity for career progression over the long term.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.