I am currently working exclusively with a world renowned Manufacturer, who have created a new role within their business of Shipping Coordinator to handle all international exports.
- Entering of orders, raising of pick slips to the warehouse, co-ordinating of despatch dates between warehouse.
- Arranging export of goods, liaising with the shipper and customer
- Raising accurate documentation in full, complete with all necessary information for export and home trade destinations.
- Understanding European shipping regulations, and confident with specific requirements for overseas countries globally.
- Liaising with shipping companies to find the best costs and service for the company and the customers
- Tracking consignments to ensure they arrive in full.
- Taking care of missing /damaged consignments, liaising with the shipper/customer with regard to compensation/resolution.
- Support the purchasing team with arranging imports, clearance, and delivery of goods.
- Looking for opportunities to reduce costs of shipping for the business and customer year on year.
- Actively looking for updates to shipping related requirements and implementation of necessary updates.
- Keeping on top of any changes to HS commodity codes. Communicating the changes and updating the system accordingly.
- Monthly reporting on number of successful deliveries, open claims, customer feedback, costs and savings, any updates of changes in shipping requirements, communication on any global issues affecting shipping services.
To be considered you must have:
- Previous shipping/logistics coordination experience
- Export Knowledge
- Understanding of Customs paperwork
- Understanding of all shipment Intercoms terms, their meaning and application
- Understanding of European regulations and other overseas country specific experience, in particular, middle east, Far East, Australasia, and US.
- Past experience of managing and executing Letters of Credits
- Negotiation skills to acquire shipping quotations, getting the best prices and services.
- Excellent customer service skills. Timely, accurate relaying of information.