Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
about 2 months ago
I'm thrilled to be partnering with a leading logistics company based in Manchester on their search for Shift Operations Managers. There are both a day shift and night shift manager role available.
Reporting to the Head of Operations, the Shift Operations Manager will have direct responsibility and accountability for the Warehouse operation ensuring the success of a 24-hour operation within the Warehouse and will be a key member of the management team, providing hands on leadership.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Leadership and development of Warehouse Operatives and Team Leaders.
* Ensuring costs are controlled effectively, whilst delivering a high level of customer service
* Conduct performance reviews and provide appropriate feedback/training and support to team members.
* Deliver daily team meetings and report to senior management on key issues.
* Deal with first line people management issues timely and appropriately.
* To ensure the warehouse is capable of delivering the volume requirements of the business in a fast and efficient way whilst ensuring customer service requirements are met; measured by KPIs and internal SLAs.
* Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and security across site operations.
* Drive continuous improvement within the Warehouse.
* Responsible for daily performance, ensuring all are achieving KPIs and managing operational resource correctly.
* Control labour requirements, flexing with agency staff when required.
* Develop a highly motivated group of Supervisors and warehouse colleagues.
* Deal with HR related issues i.e., disciplinaries, grievances etc.
* Responsible for the maintenance, upkeep and record keeping of the company's commercial fleet.
* Ensure all relevant documentation is processed with orders being dispatched.
* Adhere to Health and Safety regulations, ensuring that all staff are complying to the relevant H & S protocol.
* Carryout formal investigations as and when required, in-line with the company's disciplinary procedure.
Key skills required:
* Experience in managing and developing a warehouse team.
* A thorough understanding of warehousing and logistics.
* Proven people management skills e.g. dealing with performance issues, grievances, team building and managing change.
* Experienced in high volume output to tight deadlines.
* Excellent communicator at all levels.
* Passionate about providing a high-quality service to both internal and external customers.
* Role model who leads by example and can motivate, coach and develop team members.
* Ethical approach to managing a fast-moving and ambitious organisation.
* Experience/involvement in continuous improvement projects and implementing new processes to continuously improve the warehouse operation.
There is a competitive salary on offer plus a shift premium for nights. Please get in touch with Jessica directly to discuss the role further.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.