An exciting opportunity has now arisen for a Multi-Skilled Shift Technician to join our Engineering Team. As a skilled (electrical/mechanical) engineer you will carry out various electrical and mechanical maintenance and repair activities to our automated production and processing machines. You will work closely with the Production and Quality Teams ensuring that all plant machinery and equipment is maintained to a high standard and satisfy law and legislation, HS & E standards.
* Ensure compliance to preventative maintenance routines for all site equipment
* Communicate equipment issues or parts order replacement to the Plant Engineer
* Monitor equipment performance and work with the wider plant engineering team to design out recurring problems
* Carry out installation work to include modifying existing equipment and installation of new equipment
* Undertake a range of electrical and mechanical planned maintenance and repair activities to maximise the reliability of site machinery and equipment.
* Maintain all plant and equipment to comply with all current legislation, HS&E, group procedures and business requirements.
* Concise, clear and accurate reporting within the CMMS.
* Communicate within own team and other shifts to ensure a comprehensive shift handover
* Active involvement in RCI team to drive continual improvement.
* Inspect completed installations and maintenance repair work to ensure conformance with required operational standards
* Promote and maintain high levels of standards in relation to Environmental, Health & Safety policies and practices
* Minimum of 2+ years' experience of working in a busy manufacturing environment - FMCG environment - desirable
* Experience of workings shifts desirable (Will be includes 4 on 4 off, excluding Sunday days - approx. 45 hours)
* H.N.C/ONC minimum/City & Guilds qualification or equivalent qualification in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
* Experience of planned maintenance and attending breakdowns
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.