about 1 month ago
£36,000 per annum
Ware, North London
We are currently recruiting for an Electrical Engineer to be based at a prestigious scientific site in Abingdon, Oxfordshire. This will be a shift working environment and the successful candidate will work to the following shift pattern:
* Monday to Thursday Weekly change between 7am to 4pm & 10am to 7pm
* Friday weekly change between 7am to 4pm and day off
* Saturday weekly change between day off & 7am to 4pm
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
* Qualified to HNC or equivalent level in electrical engineering
* C&G 2383 -18 18th Edition or equivalent
* C&G 2391 Inspection & Testing
* CompEx EX01, EX02, EX03, EX04 is desirable
* Experience calibrating measuring instrumentation to National UKAS standards
* Hold LV AP Status and other Appointments as deemed appropriate
* 2 years + Experience of installation, testing, maintenance, and operation of LV distribution systems
* Experience of standby power systems including prime movers and UPS
* Experience of safe working practices and permit to work systems
* Demonstrable skills in dealing and working closely with internal and external customers and suppliers on complex and interrelated issues on an ongoing basis
* Knowledge of key operational procedures e.g. time sheets, planned maintenance systems, Quality and Health & Safety
* Experience of positively dealing with the resolution of customer problems within specific contracts
* IOSH Working Safely certified
* Willingness to train, update and improve themselves for the benefit of the contract
* A strong engineer with gravitas and charisma to stand out amongst others and the ability to bring the best out of people.
* An obvious empathy with customers and clients, an ability to quickly grasp their needs and an ability to galvanise resources to satisfy clients demands.
* The energy and infectious enthusiasm to get things done.
* Work to tight timescales, under pressure, high level of written technical standards.
* Professionally curious, always looking to improve technically.
* Enthusiastic in their approach, can drive momentum, willingness to succeed and can-do attitude.
* Strong team player who consistently helps colleagues to achieve operational excellence.
This is a permanent opportunity offering a comprehensive package including private healthcare, pension scheme and 26 days annual leave.
If you are interested in this position please apply today
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.