Shelf Life Lab Technician
12 month contract
£18,500 per annum
My client, a specialist medical nutrition company based in Liverpool, is looking to recruit a Shelf Life Lab Technician to join their Product Development department, providing support to the stability testing function.
Key responsibilities of the Shelf Life Lab Technician are:
* To provide support to the stability testing function within Product Development via co-ordination of internal and external testing.
* To provide support to the department and wider organisation via laboratory testing and database management
* Manage shelf life testing as defined by shelf life protocol, ensuring that the correct analytical tests are conducted in a timely manner and taking a right first time approach.
* Coordinate chemical, physical, sensory and microbiological testing of raw materials, semi finished goods/intermediates and finished goods using LIMS, internal laboratories and/or external laboratories.
* Conduct physical tests within the PD lab, creating meaningful data and maintain databases
* Coordinate the calibration and maintenance of equipment used in the PD lab
* Carry out a range of testing including osmometer, particle size analyser, pH meter, tube feed, bulk density, scoop weights etc.
* Ensuring laboratory equipment is calibrated and maintained and data are backed-up according to established procedures.
Support and/or lead investigations/queries/actions arising from customer complaints, corrective actions, or internal/external product queries.
The ideal candidate for the Shelf Life Lab Technician:
* Will have a HND/HNC or equivalent in a scientific discipline or equivalent experience relevant to the food or pharmaceutical industry
* Must have previous experience of working within an analytical/test environment within pharmaceutical or the food industry
* Must have experience using LIMS, Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
* Must have a good eye for detail, be accurate with your data and a willingness to learn.
If you are an experienced lab technician looking for experience in a Product Development lab then please apply now!
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.