A passionate business with a strong appetite for growth and innovation, we are proud of our achievements to date and excited for what the future brings. To continue our growth and success, we are seeking a Senior Technical Specialist reporting to the team leader. The purpose of the role is to use expertise in High Resolution Mass Spectrometry to identify metabolites generated in studies for new product development based on global regulatory requirements.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Senior Technical Specialist/Expert in structure elucidation.
- Responsible for conducting analytical and metabolite identification work for both regulatory and non‑regulatory in-vitro, in-vivo, clinical, and environmental-fate studies to successfully fulfil all the requirements of a study to the timelines stated in the Study Plan/Analytical Work Plan, under direction of the Study Director or Analytical Project Manager.
- Responsible for the development of LC‑MS/MS chromatographic methods within the group and to act as an expert consultant on the development of chromatographic methods within the wider Metabolism Department.
- As a recognised expert within industry in metabolite identification, increase the profile of the department externally through playing an active role in expert groups, networking and publications.
- Responsible for technical training (writing and review of training materials) and maintenance of laboratory work standards in their area.
- Mentor new Technical Specialists and other senior laboratory staff.
- Provide technical advice to Study Directors/Management at all points in the study life cycle.
- Hold equipment/software/lab space responsibilities on behalf of their team.
- Actively contribute to client visits and teleconference as appropriate.
- Work with Study Director on client communication, contributing scientifically to client discussions, as appropriate.
- Initiate and maintain an active role in the implementation of new service level procedures as required, enhancing the service offerings of the company.
- Interpret the relevant data and prepare accurate scientific study updates and study report sections .
- Lead implementation of continuous improvement culture in specialist area proposing process improvement/new service offering initiatives to the Metabolism leadership team.
- Keep up to date with technical developments in specialist area recommending new techniques and working with management to compile justification for Capex projects.
- Address findings appropriate to area arising from QA audits and process inspections
- Maintain and write SOPs, as required
Education, Skills & Experience
- PhD, MSc or BSc (Hons) in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related subject
- Experience in chromatographic method development
- Expert in use of High Resolution Mass Spectrometers e.g. Waters Vion, Thermo QExactive
- Expert in relevant software e.g. Xcalibur, Waters UNIFY, Compound Discoverer.
- Knowledge of metabolism/metabolic reactions
- LC-MS/MS data interpretation skills
In addition, the following experience is desirable to be successful in this role:
- Significant experience in metabolite identification in a CRO or Pharmaceutical/Agrochemical company and industry recognised expert in this area
- Experience of working in a GLP facility
For more information or to apply for this role please contact me
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.