Senior Support Worker
£18,500 - £25,000 per annum + Enhancements & Benefits
Full Time Permanent Job 40 Hours Per Week
We are looking for Senior Support Workers to join an organisation supporting children and young adults with autism, learning disabilities, challenging behaviour and other complex needs. You can find yourself supporting people in a variety of different ways including indoors or out and about in the community. Your day may involve a trip to the park, swimming, bowling or a trip to the cinema or you could just be helping around the service user's house with cleaning, cooking and general maintenance.
Due to the nature of the job it is essential that you are a car driver with a clean licence and the appropriate business insurance and have a minimum literacy level 2 as you will be completing written reports daily and reading medication sheets and other documents.
- Proven ability to work on own initiative and work as part of a team
- Knowledge and understanding of issues relating to people with learning disabilities and Autism
- A commitment to a service which provides support to vulnerable individuals, and which is respectful and according to the individual's wishes
- Good communication skills (written and verbal). Ability to communicate effectively with Service Users, colleagues, family members, Managers and other persons with a legitimate interest in the project
- Commitment to training and development
- Driver with access to own vehicle
- Ability to do sleep-ins when needed
Senior Support Workers can earn between £18,000 and £25,000 per annum. Hours of work can vary depending on the needs of the service user and will be subject to a rota. A sleep-in rate of £65.38 is attached to base salary.
The services you will work in are across Northwich, Partington, Stockport and Salford.
If you are passionate caring for children and young adults, and want to take a step into a Senior Role, then please apply!
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.