Seeking a Senior Support Worker for permanent position in residential home adults with learning disabilities, autism, and mental health and challenging behaviours.
Hours: 4 days on shift, 1 day dedicated to administration (Monday - Sunday on rotational basis)
Your new role
As the Senior Support Worker you will be responsible for supporting the residents in the home as well as the other staff members on shift including supporting the Manager in managerial tasks.
Your responsibilities and duties will include:
* Ensuring the care and support provided is person-centred
* Assisting the Registered Manager to lead and direct the support staff
* Promoting independence and personal development for the residents (domestic skills such as gardening and cooking)
* Supervising medication administration in line with current policies and procedures
* Participating in the recruitment of new staff members
* Overseeing the rotas for the support staff
* To deputise for the Registered Manager in their absence
* Partaking in the on-call rota between all managers
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful in this position you will be an experienced Support Worker and will have worked as Senior Support Worker in the last year.
To apply please call Heidi @ Search Consultancy on 01293 848170 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You must hold a NVQ level 3 in Children and Young people. This is essential for all applications.
You must also be flexible to work across a rolling rota.
Drivers licence is essential
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.