Senior Staff Nurse
37.5 Hours a week- Days
£25-28k Starting Salary
We have an exciting opportunity in our new Thamesmead Dialysis Unit which opened in June 2018. Thamesmead is situated in Greenwich, South East London near the River Thames.
We are looking for a staff nurse who wants to make a difference in our patients lives. A comprehensive professional training programme will be provided to you, including on-the-job training, e-learning and access to our in-house education programme
* Take ownership of care programmes for renal patients including the initiation and termination of dialysis, whilst providing stable clinical care, emotional support and independence for patients
* Follow the tailored care plans to administer medications, fluid therapy or other appropriate treatments as per Consultant instructions and ensuring clinical activity is appropriately documented in the patient medical record
* Perform patient assessment including but not limited to vital signs and all other parameters of the ESRD patients, review dialysis orders, determine general physical and mental condition of patient through observations and interview, and assist in determining compliance to dietary or medication regimen.
* Act as a named staff nurse for a group of assigned patients ensuring 'great care' is provided at all times
* Analyse patient data; assess and monitor status of vascular accesses, review laboratory results, patient assessments and escalate any relevant changes or abnormalities to the Consultant.
* Undertake the role of Nurse in Charge as and when required and/or deputise for the Clinic Manager
* Prepare and monitor dialysis machines and systems in line with processes
* Monitor dialysis water treatment system for use according to the established procedures
* Provide a mentorship approach to the team, empowering patients, qualified nurses, ancillary staff to share knowledge and skills
* NMC Registered General Nurse
* Awareness and Understanding of NMC code of professional conduct
* In possession of/or working towards a post registration clinical course in Renal Nursing (ENB 136 or equivalent)
* Strong experience in a renal dialysis setting (2 years+)
* Ideally have a Mentorship/Teaching Qualification
* Have a positive and dynamic approach to providing safe and effective delivery of care
* Excellent communication skills
COME GROW WITH US!
* Full Time - 37.5 hours per week
* Monday to Saturday, Shifts hours from 06.00 to 23.30 (No Nights* or Sunday working)
* Pay listed above includes a competitive salary and unsocial payments*, Location Allowance*
* 27 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays) increasing with service
* Life Assurance, Discounted Fitness Membership, Stakeholder Company Pension
* Post subject to References, Identification, DBS and OH checks
* Relocation allowance *
If this interests you, then please apply!
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.