Sous Chef - Well regarded Restaurant.
We are looking for an experienced Sous Chef to work closely with our Head Chef to lead and develop our kitchen and food offering. As Sous Chef you will be able to demonstrate creativity and have a flair and attention to detail. The ideal Sous Chef must be a competent all-rounder, able to cover all sections and deputise for the Head Chef in their absence and have knowledge of stock taking, GP's and hygiene legislation.
To be considered for this role, ideally you will have:
* Strong scratch cooking with fresh food
* Good knowledge of seasonal produce
* High volumes whilst maintaining high standards of presentation
* Ability to train and lead an experienced brigade
* Process driven and a good handle on GP's and labour costs
* Exceptional hygiene standards
* Strong communication skills
* Solid previous experience in similar role
* Calm under pressure
* Eagerness to learn and progress
In return, you will be rewarded with a salary of up to £28k . Your average working week will be 48 hours with a combination of straights and splits with overtime paid hourly.
For a confidential chat, please call Jay - A leading specialist chef recruiter in Sussex
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.