A full-time permanent opportunity is available on our clients Dundee site. The Senior Scientist position is a pivotal role within the In Vitro Pharmacology/Toxicology Team and will be focused on leading the dermal services platform.
Reporting into the Team Leader, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading all activities relating to dermal services.
This position will evolve direct line management of junior colleagues. Working closely with the Team Leader and Quality Assurance, the Senior Scientist will ensure that work is resourced and executed to the highest scientific and regulatory standards. The successful incumbent will also be expected to work with operational management, business development and senior management on the strategic development of the business. The role will be based at the Dundee site.
Main Duties to:
* Resource, plan and aid in the execution of the in vitro dermal services platform.
* Act as Study Director for regulatory and non-regulatory studies.
* When required, assist in the delivery of dermal studies (regulatory and non-regulatory) performed at the Dundee site.
* In conjunction with the assay development functions, develop and validate additional dermal assays.
* Contribute to and author scientific publications.
* Act as mentor to less experienced members of the organisation.
* Operate in line with the company protocols and business strategy.
* Author and assist in the review of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and other business process documents.
* Act as an ambassador for the business and in doing so proactively promoting the company brand and values both internally and externally.
* Pro-actively identify opportunities for continuous improvement, profitability, quality and efficient ways of working.
* Communicating effectively with colleagues throughout the business to share resources, technical knowledge and generally support all forms of business activity.
* Generates a culture of collaboration and team work.
* Maintenance of designated equipment including dermal penetration rigs, tissue culture facilities and liquid scintillation equipment.
* Perform daily tasks such as balance calibration required for a GLP compliant site.
* BSc in biological area (or equivalent) essential.
* Higher degree (Master or Doctorate) in related discipline highly advantageous.
* Deep knowledge of in vitro dermal services essential.
* Demonstrable experience of acting as GLP Study Director for in vitro studies essential.
* Knowledge of market conditions, opportunities and competition desirable.
* Understanding of customer base and commercial awareness also desirable.
* 37.5 hours per week with flexibility required to meet the needs of the business.
Please apply with CV or call Robyn Clendinning on 0141 272 7793 for more details.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.