Role: Senior Residential Support Worker - Permanent
Salary: Up to £22,136 + £63 per sleepover (averaging 6 per month)
Search Consultancy is seeking a Senior Residential Support Worker to work on a permanent basis to provide the highest quality of care, direction and support to young people who may display challenging and disruptive behaviours, emotion and social difficulties.
The role of the Senior Residential Support Worker is an opportunity for a pro-active Senior or Team Leader to join an evolving Care Company. We are looking for dedicated and empathetic people for this service. The Senior Residential Support Worker will provide practical assistance and emotional support to empower their team in supporting Service Users to achieve their goals and aspirations.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
* Demonstrate positive, proactive and organised people skills, that will support and develop the skills of the Support Workers. This will include recruitment, induction, supervisions, annual appraisals, training, coaching, rota management and sickness and absence management.
* Take the lead to help Support Workers understand their responsibilities and by doing so ensure that safe, effective, caring, responsive and well lead support and care is delivered at all times.
* Support the Management of the home in managing transitions into and away from the service. You will be able to liaise professionally with all outside professional agencies, and ensure that all information is shared appropriately.
* Ensure that all Service Users have person centred support/care plans.
* Ensure person-centred support is at the heart of everything you do
Due to the nature of the role, a minimum 1 years' experience as a Supervisor/Team Leader in care is essential and experience with challenging behaviours is also essential. SVQ4 in Health and Social Care is required for this position.
SSSC Registration will be required, in addition to a driving licence essential for this post.
If you have a strong, professional background, and have strength of character then please get in touch to discuss this opportunity further!
Take your career to the next level (Agy)
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.