If there's one thing on this planet that we don't make much of, it's ground. We move it, we shape it, remediate it, stabilise it, and much more. The contractor I'm currently working with is an absolute ground specialist and can handle, pretty much, any geotechnical requirement you can throw at them.
With an increase of work throughout the country there has arisen a requirement for a permanently employed Senior Quantity Surveyor to complement and strengthen the existing team in Leeds.
Reporting to the Commercial Director the main purpose of the job will be to assist the Site Investigation/ Grouting business by providing commercial support which will ensure they recover their contractual entitlement, manage risks and opportunities, and that projects are forecasted and reported accurately.
* Preparing Cost/ Value flow forecasts for projects in liaison with Operations including assessment of risks and opportunities
* Preparing, submitting and negotiating interim and final accounts including cash collection to maximise cash flow
* Assist in preparation of internal monthly accounts including comparisons to budgets/ reforecasts
* Client liaison/ attendance at meetings
* Commercial and operational support to ensure contractual notices are complied with
* Close working relationship with Operations to ensure early identification and resolution of commercial/ performance issues
* Dispute Resolution including identification and preparation of variations and claims
* Assist in monitoring and maintenance of programmes with Operations
* Ensuring adequate records are kept
* Procurement, payment and management of subcontractors
Knowledge and Experience required
* The successful candidate will have either a relevant degree in Quantity Surveying or another relevant qualification with a minimum of 3 years post qualification experience.
* Experience as a Quantity Surveyor in Site Investigation/ Grouting would be an advantage.
* A working knowledge of various forms of contract, including ICC, NEC, and ICE
* Negotiation skills/ influencing skills
* Commercial awareness
* Good communicator and team player
* Strong IT skills including Accounts Systems
The office is based in Leeds, but you will spend time on sites, throughout the UK. On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a contributory pension scheme, private medical cover, life assurance, and flexible benefits such as additional holiday purchase.
For a discreet conversation please call James Ranson at Search, Leeds.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.