Our chosen business partner is experiencing a steady period of growth. They are a leading manufacturer of utility products and are approaching an extremely busy period with winter here.
This Project Manager role is vitally important to our client and we will be looking for a highly motivated and capable individual who will work smartly using the support and data around them. The individual must be able to effectively manage and lead multiple projects and develop innovative solutions/contingency plans to control project timescales, total product cost and the investment costs associated. This will involve the co-ordination of cross-functional, internal and external resources via an agreed management structure.
* Provide project management for strategic and operational projects as allocated, including planning, progressing, resource coordination, and management reporting.
* Ensure appropriate consideration of the issues and concerns of other parts of the business affected by the projects.
* Provide project coordination of resources and activities related to all allocated projects irrespective of Project Owner.
* Perform tasks within projects to facilitate and progress to plan.
* Proactively identify improvement and cost reduction opportunities within the company.
* Facilitate and progress communication with all parts of the business related to operational issues to ensure all aspects of change are considered.
Adherence to key project elements;
* Previous project management experience is essential
* A working knowledge of the Project Management Framework and of Prince2 is desirable.
* Knowledge and experience of Agile Project Management techniques would be an advantage but is not essential.
* Good team working skills and the proven ability to positively influence cross functional teams.
* Self-motivation & organisational ability to prioritise activities to effectively optimise personal and project performance.
* It is not required for the job holder to have a specific technical background.
* It is not required to be educated to degree level or equivalent.
Your previous project management experience will be clearly visible, ideally within a senior position; in particular a working knowledge of Prince2 would be an advantage and ideally you will have an engineering background. You will be confident and have no issue challenging various key decision makers.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.