Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
Search Consultancy is working with an authority in Oxfordshire to recruit a Senior Practitioner into a Family Support Team on a temporary basis. The successful candidate will be working within a stable and supportive team and will be paid a very competitive rate of pay
1. To provide timely support and interventions to vulnerable families to address safeguarding concerns and reduce risks to children and young people
2. To provide case work to children, young people and families who meet the threshold for the service, these will include children and young people whose needs approach but do not reach the thresholds for statutory intervention ( as defined by the matrix of needs) , and those who require a statutory response through CIN, CP or LAC.
3. To offer a range of group programmes to children, young people and families who meet the threshold for the service
4. To deliver and co-ordinate services within the designated Children and Family Centres
5. To provide both casework and group programmes through outreach to venues other than the Children and Family Centres
6. Provide services in-line with the expectations of the Thriving Families programme
* An understanding of the impact of abuse, social deprivation and disadvantage on children, young people and their families
* Knowledge of child care legislation with the proven ability to successfully implement this in the workplace
* Knowledge and understanding of the application of safeguarding principles
* Knowledge of threshold of needs matrix and early help services
* Experience of working with complex cases in a children and families setting
* Experience of working in an unpredictable, fast paced environment and managing competing and changing priorities
* Good verbal and written communication skills in cluding the ability to record and produce concise, accurate written work including reports and case records to deadline
* Excellent analytical skills and planning skills with the ability to make well informed decisions
* Experience of acting as a professional representative of the service including leading multi-professional meetings
* Experience of inter-agency working to promote the best possible outcomes for children
* Excellent assessment and supervision skills
* Proven track record of contribution to service development
* Knowledge of Troubled Families National
For more inforamtion please contact Francesca Hill in our Manchester office on 07764580237 or email email@example.com
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age