SENIOR PLANNING OFFICER - HOUSING BENEFITS AND PLANNING
£28.11 per hour
We are looking to recruit a Senior Planning Officer on a temporary basis. Working pattern is full time hours.
Development Management: Dealing with a varied caseload of planning applications with minimum supervision. Must be a pro-active and dynamic candidate with good technical skills.
Act as case officer in respect of complex planning applications and appeals. Assist the Principal Planning Officer and Area Manager in carrying out the full range of functions within Development Management.
* Provide pre-application information and appropriate planning advice, to developers and their agents, landowners, other Divisions of the Council, Parish and Town Councils, Amenity Societies, members of the public, statutory undertakers and other external concerns and agencies requesting assistance from the local planning authority.
* Prepare reports with recommendations on planning and other forms of applications relating to the development or use of land and to prepare reports on any other matters of a development management nature or enforcement matters. It is anticipated that the post holder will be responsible for dealing with complex planning applications within the Development Management Service.
* Ensure planning submissions comply with statutory requirements for validity, and to issue appropriate instruction to support staff within the Service and to assist in the further processing of such submissions when required.
* Report to and/or attend any meetings as requested, including: * Council Committees or Area-Committees, Committee site visits * Council Corporate Working Groups * Public Local Inquiries or Hearings * Public Meetings and/or Exhibitions * Internal or external meetings with individuals, firms or organisations including other authorities or consortia of authorities
* Monitor development to ensure that it is carried out in accordance with the planning permissions granted.
* Prepare Written Representation Statements, Hearing Statements and Proofs of Evidence in respect of Planning Appeals and to appear as expert planning witness at informal hearings and public inquiries as necessary and to attend appeal site inspections as required.
* Assist the Principal Planning Officer or Area Manager in the management of the Service, training of staff, liaison with Council Members and attendance at Planning Committee and Committee site visits when necessary.
* Deputise for the Principal Planning Officer in his/her absence. Such duties will include: * Organising work of staff within the Section * Maintaining quality management systems * Promoting customer care
* Contribute to the overall objectives of the Development Management Service and to participate in multi-disciplinary teams as required.
* Work outside normal hours as required to fulfil the duties of the post.
* Carry out all duties allocated to the Development Management Service in accordance with the standards and policies determined by the Council. Notwithstanding the detail in this job description, in accordance with the Council's Flexibility Policy the job holder will undertake such work as may be determined by the Director/Corporate Manager from time to time, up to or at a level consistent with the Principal Responsibilities of the job and in any location within the Borough of Cheshire East.
To be considered for this role you must be:
* Eligible to work in the UK
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 0161 835 8772 for further details.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age