Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
Job Title: Technical Operator
Work pattern: Mon-Fri 08:30-17:30
Work type: Permanent, Full time
Salary: 28k-33k P/A (pending on experience)
Bonus: 10% (Based on personal and company performance)
Search are currently working with an innovative and progressive beverage manufacturing business. My client has a fantastic opportunity for a Technical Operator to join in a Senior/ Supervisory capacity.
This role is ideally suited to a Technical Operator with a background in an automated drink packaging/production unit to join their innovative state of the art facility.
The ideal candidate will be someone who values clear progression, contemporary ideas and improvements, and has a great understanding of the drink/FMCG manufacturing industry.
* Operate highly automated production machinery and solve issues to improve their overall performance
* Carry out maintenance tasks when necessary
* Carry out stock takes and manage stock levels
* Create and update controlled documents (e.g. SOPs and OPLs)
* Create and update records to analyse the performance of departments, and comply with accreditation standards
* Ensure the product is efficiently packed
* Ensure the products are quality checked and the procedures are being carried out (e.g. can seam integrity, total packaged oxygen, measures and weights)
* Setup the production machinery and product lines for production and CIP, and carry out these processes
* Assist the production planning department in creating a packaging plan and adjusting the plan in accordance with changing demands
* Ensuring a high standard of hygiene is being maintained in the workspace
* Carry out visits to other companies, such as suppliers and other production facilities, to improve processes
* Carry out and lead projects to improve the departments' performance
Skills and experience required/desired for the role:
* A minimum of 2 years experience in a drinks/beverage packing environment, with machine operation, maintenance and troubleshooting experience
* Attention to detail and a technical aptitude
* Excellent record keeping, analytical and reporting abilities
* A key understanding of packing operations and connecting processes, such as CIP, Quality, Maintenance, etc.
* Proficient with the use of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
* Willingness to work on a shift rota, and across multiple sites
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.